Saturday, May 21, 2011

Has It Ended Yet?

No?  The world didn't end today?  Well, I guess that means I'm having a birthday tomorrow after all.  That's alright with me.

Tomorrow is my 46th.  When the hell did that happen?  My normal glass half empty self might be prone to bemoan the fact that I will now be closer to 50 than 40.  But, that will have been so for 364 days 23 hours and 59 seconds, won't it?

And on an even better note (although what can be better than the world not ending?), I got carded today.  Yep, I bought alcohol and actually got carded.  Not bad.  Makes being closer to 50 than 40 not be so freakin' bad afterall.  I guess that is one benefit of living in a climate where the growing of gills may actually be advantageous.

And to top that note.  Yes, it just keeps getting better.  Sir sent me to the mall with a new toy.  A remote controlled mini-vibe. So I buzzed, quite literally, around the mall for over an hour with the vibe buzzing me the whole time.  Ohhhhh yesssssss!

Thank you, Sir.  And a happy birthday to me!

4 comments:

  1. Was the world supposed to end? Why don't I ever get these memos?

    You definitely know how to celebrate a birthday! LOL! Happy Birthday, Dear! Maybe tomorrow be just as..er...stimulating as today was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! And ya know... 50 is not so bad...lol Enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, we are the same age, it's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Histoy and Sir J for the birthday wishes. I am enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete